THOMAS W. CRAWFORD
CEO and Chairman of the Board
Tom was born and raised in Birmingham. He graduated from Woodlawn High School in 1961, Jacksonville State College in 1965, and Birmingham School of Law in 1970.
Tom began his title career at Lawyer’s Title Insurance Corporation in June 1970 and has been active in the title insurance and real estate industries ever since. In 1984, he started Ticor Title Agency which grew and expanded and became The Title Group, Inc. in 1990.
His wife of more than 50 years, Sylvia, is a top-producing Birmingham-area real estate agent. Their two children, Bart and Amy, both work with him at The Title Group. He also has 3 grandchildren: Hunter, Adelia, and Forrest Crawford. In his spare time he enjoys cheering on his grandchildren in sports and fishing.
Tom is an active member of the community and involved in the following organizations:
- CCIM, Alabama Chapter
- Commercial Real Estate Club
- Coastal Conservation Association
- Birmingham Board of Realtors, Affiliate of the Year (1997)
- Realtors land Institute, Alabama Chapter, Past President (1995)
- Home Builders Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Southeast Land Title Association (formerly Dixie Land Title Association)